Saturday, April 3, 2010

Our Chunky Gagger Who Likes to Roll

We just got back from Dylan's 2 month doctor appointment. He weighed 14.3 lbs and was 23 inches long. He is in the 93rd percentile for weight and the 43rd for height. He didn't get any shots today. We (Trey, me and our doctor) have come up with an alternative vaccination schedule and Dylan won't get any vaccinations for a while...yes, I am THAT mom :)

This past week was bittersweet. Trey had to travel for work for the first time since Dylan was born, which was hard on all of us. I was a little nervous being by myself so I called in reinforcements - my Mom and Aunt. Dylan and I had a great time hanging out with them. We went for walks in the park, shopped, ate really good food and just...hung out. It was fun, but we definitely missed Trey.

The night before Trey left I laid Dylan down on our bed to change his diaper. I went to the bathroom to get something and I came back in and he was on his stomach. I rolled him back over and he lifted up his legs and swung them hard to the left and rolled over again. It's ironic he is rolling over to his stomach because the kid hates to be on his stomach...it makes him fightin' mad, but he still does it.

Dylan's new trick...gagging himself with his thumb and forefinger. For the last month he has been sucking on those two fingers and about a week ago he decided it was fun to stick them down his throat. He really likes doing it when it's just the two of us in the car and no one is in the back to stop him. I try and distract him with his paci, but he will take the paci out and hold it with one hand and gag with the other...fun times :) I am hoping this is a phase that will soon pass.

Trey and I were talking the other day and Dylan is at such a cute stage. He is starting to get such a cute personality and it's amazing to watch it develop. We have laughed more in the 9 weeks that Dylan has been alive than we have in probably the last 9 years. He makes these goober faces that are just adorable and Trey and I die laughing at.

We took some pics today while we were at the Dr's. He looked so little laying on the table. The other pic is of Dylan in the car. We have to unbutton his pants so he can sit comfortably in his car seat...the pants were 6 months, and he's only 2 months!


3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...those two pictures are adorable! Its so funny that he likes to gag himself because Cash does the same thing. I'm starting to think he LIKES to gag! He always smiles afterwards. Its kind of ironic, because I have been a "gagger" my whole life. I gag all the time. Haha! Dylan is a big boy! Cash was only weighing about 12lbs at two months! You must be producing buttermilk girl! :) I can't wait to get the boys together in May! --This is Aubree by the way, I'm too lazy to sign out of Colt's account. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love reading your blog. He is such a cutie. Did you know Harper has NEVER rolled over?! Too chubs I guess.
    I love that both of these little chubbos are over the 90th percentile in weight. Man the Martin genes are THICK!
    love ya'll, Jema

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found out about your blog today and have had fun catching up on your lives with this sweet little baby! I'm so glad things are going well. It sounds like we have similar ideas about a lot of things - I think I'll be "THAT" kind of mom too. :) Hope we'll be able to see you guys sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete