Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I LOVE Fall!

This is my favorite time of year.  I love everything about this season.  These past few days the weather has been awesome, so we have been trying to spend more time outside.  Dylan really enjoys his stroller, so we definitely take advantage of that as much as we can.  We have officially busted out the winter clothes.  It is perfect during the day at 65 degrees, but at night it gets quite chilly. 
 My brother and I are running a half marathon on October 16th.  We have been training for the last 10 weeks and Trey will push Dylan in the jogging stroller while JD and I run our required miles.  Last night JD and I had to run 9 miles and Trey pushed Dylan for 1 hour and 45 minutes and Dylan didn't make a peep...and it was like 40 degrees.  Dylan was bundled and quite warm snuggled in his blanket.

Trey plays on a flag football team and Dylan and I have been going out and watching his games.  The games don't start until 8:30, so it's good and cold by game time.  Tonight (picture above) Dylan did not want to keep his gloves on, so I zipped him up in my jacket and he was happy to snuggle momma for the whole game. 

We decided to dress Dylan all snazzy for church last Sunday.   He looked so cute in his vest...definitely looked older than 8 months.  I tried to put a tie on him, but the kid nearly choked himself trying to pull it off.   I was hoping he would be able to wear this outfit at Christmas, but the pants are already too snug...guess I will have to go shopping :)
Dylan outgrew his infant carrier a while ago, but I was afraid he wouldn't like the bigger car seat and held off as long as I could.  On Monday we made the switch and he loves it.  We ended up getting the Graco-My Ride 65.  This picture was taken on our way home from the football game.  It was 9:30 and he was so tired. 
I found these leggings at Target in the dollar bins...I thought they were adorable.  Dylan is not a huge fan of pants in general, so it's nice to have something that will keep his legs warm.  We are traveling a lot this next month, so I will have tons of pics to upload on my next blog.                                         

4 comments:

  1. Good for you running a half marathon! I need to get a training partner and do the same thing. Love the leggings on Dylan. Those are one of my favorite cold-weather accessories! It is not "cold" here by any means, but it's cool enough that I pulled Mia's out yesterday and she's worn leggings 2 days in a row! Love it. Graco My Ride 65 is supposed to be a good car seat; we almost got that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE all the pictures and can't wait to see you guys tomorrow! Anna keeps saying "I can't believe it's finally time for our trip!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable. love the suit/ vest!

    And way to go on the half marathon! that is awesome.

    Can't wait to see you at Xmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, congrats on the run! And good luck. Btw, Dylan looks so adorable in his suit! ;)

    ReplyDelete