Saturday, October 16, 2010

Weiner Rice Festival

For the last 34 years, Weiner, Arkansas has hosted the annual Rice festival.  The festival includes an antique car parade, rice tasting contest, carnival rides, wiener dog races (that's right folks), live music and much more.
Ray (my father-in-law) collects antique cars, so we had 4 in the parade.  Dylan, Trey and I drove the 1955 Chevy truck with all the children in the back. Dylan had a fun time helping daddy drive, but didn't quite understand why we wouldn't let him eat the gear shifter.  It was funny watching Trey try to drive the not automatic steering wheel, shift the gears and hold Dylan all at the same time.
We had a good time hanging out with the Keller family.  The whole gang was there, so Dylan spent the weekend being entertained by all the kids and being loved on by his aunts and uncles.


Our nephew Rex is 4 years old and loves being around Dylan.  I was putting Dylan in his carseat and he was getting fussy.  Rex climbed up in the car and said, "Hey Dylan, if you quit crying and are good all the way there I will give you a surprise".  I asked what the surprise would be and he said, "that is between me and Dylan" :)
We came home on Monday afternoon and my dad came up for a few days.  He hadn't seen Dylan since Labor Day and he had a few days off work.  We spent those few days eating out, going to antique stores and driving around Franklin.  We had a good time with him.
About Dylan:
-He started really crawling right at 8 months.  He's been army crawling since 7 months, but decided to kick it up a notch about two weeks ago.
-As of 10/8/10 he weighed 22.5 lbs.  He wears 18 to 24 month clothes.
-His hair is getting curly.  I gave him his first haircut about two months ago and it started to grow back with some curl to it-love it.
-Still not a huge fan of baby food.  He would rather eat little pieces of table food instead of pureed food.  The consistency gets him-Dylan has yet to finish a whole jar of baby food.
-He loves to pull up on things, but when he starts to fall he will not bend his legs and he usually face plants in the floor.  He received his first booboo on his nose and upper lip yesterday :(
-Likes to "sing" along with Trey.  Trey will sing a song with his guitar and Dylan sings with him.  Everytime I get the video camera out to film it he stops, but I will get one!
-Loves bible class now.  The first two times were rough, but now I walk him to class and he immediately reaches for his teacher.
Okay, I can't think of anything else.  My brother and I have our race this weekend...so ready for that to be over with.  Dylan, Trey and my mom are going to be our cheerleaders-can't wait.  Hope everyone is doing well.  Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog! I can't get over how big he is. Cash is in 12-18 month clothes, and I thought that was big! Haha! By the way, I LOVE that picture of Dylan's face close up. He has beautiful eyes! We need to get together again soon. We'd love to come up to TN but we have to find a break in Colt's schedule. Maybe after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chubby legs on that last picture are AWESOME! He's such a chubster!

    ReplyDelete