Friday, February 11, 2011

Dylan's Birthday Party

We had Dylan's birthday party almost two weeks ago.  I have been planning it for the last 6 months...I had to start early so I could shop for good deals :)  In the end, everything went even better than we had planned. 

I wanted a big shebang because we were celebrating Dylan's first year of life and our first year of being a family.  We had a great year, the best yet, and I wanted to do something special to remember it by. After all, we all know that the 1st birthday is as much for the parents as the oblivious little one!

About the party:
I have always loved Dr. Seuss.  I started reading D.S. books to Dylan when he was young and he really likes them.  So...the theme of the party was The Cat in the Hat and ABC book.

This was Dylan on the way to the party!
His party started at 11am, so this is the sign right when you walk in the door.

The dessert table was decorated like the ABC book...the Grinch was watching over the sweets!
Dylan loves balloons, he calls them balls.  He could hardly walk without looking up and over his head to see the balloon tied to him.

We tried to get a pic of everyone that came to the party...out of 8 this was the best one.
We were blessed with a beautiful day, so he spent a lot of time outside swinging with Aunt Lauren.
This was at the end of the party.  You can see by Dylan's expression he was over pictures.
Happy Birthday, Dylan.  I can't wait to plan for your 2nd! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting these! Trey was so sweet to take the time to "walk" us around the room with his phone on chat. We were wishing so much that we were there. Jamie, you did SUCH a great job! Glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete