This week Dylan had his 18-month checkup and I had my 27-week prenatal checkup. Dylan is not a huge fan (an understatement) of going to the doctor's office. Ever since his traumatic ER experience, he really doesn't like anyone wearing a white coat or scrubs to touch him. However, this appointment went surprisingly well. We go to a family practice and they had hired a new doctor - we loved her! She was really good with Dylan and he didn't do his normal screaming...which was great. He weighed 30 lbs and was 35 inches long...no wonder my back hurts when I carry him!!!!
I had my 27 week appointment on Friday and everything looked good. I had to do my glucose test, which really isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. The stuff tastes like orange soda pop, but with a horrible aftertaste. I've gained 15 lbs so far and I'm measuring right on track for my due date. I keep hoping this little one won't be a week overdue like her brother, but I have a feeling she just might be a November baby instead of an October baby :)
It's kinda fun to know that I am now going every 2 weeks to see my Dr...it's getting closer and closer. I saw a mom the other day at a play place and she had a 22 month old and an almost 2 month old. That is totally going to be me in a few months...kinda exciting and scary all at the same time. Dylan is used to "going and doing" during the day and I hope I will still be able to do that once I have the baby. I'm glad I will have family here to help right after delivery, so they can take Dylan to all his favorite hangouts :)
So, our appointments went well and everyone is healthy. Dylan is excited he doesn't have to go back until January for his two year (gasp) appointment. Momma is excited that she gets to go back in 2 weeks to her appointment :)





Glad to hear everyone's right on track! Great news!
ReplyDeleteAdorable! What percentile is he?? You're looking cute as always! I need to go buy some new clothes! :)
ReplyDeleteSam, he was in the 97 percentile for both. He has always been around that percentile in weight, but just recently had a growth spurt and got taller. Maternity clothes shopping is so much fun!!!
ReplyDelete