Friday, January 20, 2012

2 month checkup and 2 years old

Cheyenne had her 2 month checkup on the 5th of January.  She was 15 lbs and 1 oz and 24 inches long.  I mentioned in the last post about her having RSV.  The Dr told us the best medicine for her would be breast milk, so I should nurse on demand.  I nursed on demand for 2 weeks, never letting her get upset because that would make her cough, which would make her choke on the mucus...vicious cycle.  She was basically attached to me for weeks.  In those 2 weeks she gained 5 lbs :) I wish I could say momma lost those 5 pounds, but sadly it doesn't work that way.  Anyways, I blame RSV for having a chunky monkey :)
 Aside from gaining a lot of weight, Cheyenne is over RSV and everything looks and sounds good.  We go back in March for her 4 month checkup.  Dylan LOVES the Dr now.  We walk in and he immediately starts saying "sucker", which they give to the kids while they are in the rooms.  We go to his 2 year checkup at the end of this month.
 Speaking of Dylan turning 2...where did the last two years go???  We are having a low key family birthday party at the beginning of February for Dylan.  Trey is traveling some at the end of January and we thought it would be best to hold off on his party until Feb.  Dylan is excited because he is going to have a Thomas the Train cake...the kid LOVES trains.  I will update with pictures after the party.
 We are slowly getting into a routine of sorts.  I am really not liking winter right now.  Both Dylan and I sometimes go stir crazy not being able to get out and go to the park.  I have been taking him to play dates at friends houses and going to indoor play areas, but we still miss going to the parks and playing.   I always try and get him out at least once during the day, so he doesn't feel stuck inside.

I walked into my room the other day and Dylan had taken all of Cheyenne's socks out of her drawer.  I told him after he was done playing with them he needed to put them all back.  Hours later I walked into mine and Treys closet and saw Trey's boot filled with all her socks.  I thought it was cute :)
 Cheyenne is a pretty chill baby during the day.  She waits until the evening to get crankin'.  Dylan goes to bed around 8:30 and Cheyenne (if we are lucky) will go down around 10pm.  It use to be 12, so we are slowly getting it more normal.  I am hoping in the next few months to have them both going down around 8:30...I will let you know how that goes.  I am not the best at sleep training.
She is a very serious baby and loves to study people.  She is slowly starting to smile more, but she does not give them out freely.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA, that last picture is so funny. So serious! I'm so happy you're getting the hang of things. I wish I could see you all! I hope I transition into mommyhood as smoothly as you seem to. Love you!

    ReplyDelete