Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Bring On the Terrific 2's!

Dylan is 2...what?!  I tear up just typing that!  It's a bittersweet feeling knowing you have a healthy child who is growing up, but at the same time I feel like I am losing my baby.  These last two years have been wonderful.  Dylan has been very patient with us (especially me) as we navigate through the uncharted territory of parenthood.  I sometimes feel like I have no idea what I am doing, but we always seem to manage times like that and come out okay.  I am so thankful that God gave us Dylan and the responsibly of raising him. 

Anyone who knows Dylan knows he can be a wild man, but at the same time he has a very sweet heart.  He is a WONDERFUL big brother and loves Shiny so much.  He must know where she is at all times and is very concerned when she is upset.  
 Dylan LOVES sports... soccer, baseball, basketball, tennis and golf.  Basically anything with a ball.  He is always asking to go outside and play ball. 
 Right now he has a fascination with trains.  He loves to play with his train table and watch Thomas the train videos.  We went to a friend's birthday party the other day and they had a train (modified lawn mower pulling train cars) for the kids to ride.  He talked about that experience for days after.
Music is in his blood.  He can't listen to anything with a beat and not start dancing.  He loves to sing songs with daddy and play around on his instruments.  We got out Trey's 1st violin the other day and let Dylan play around on it. 
 Speaking of Trey...I keep saying how much Dylan loves sports, music, Shiny etc, but the one thing he loves the most is his daddy.  I've never seen a little boy more attached to their daddy than Dylan is to Trey.  Dylan wants Trey to do everything for him.  I constantly hear "daddy do it" all day long.  Trey has to give him his bath, put him to bed, if he falls he wants Trey to kiss it...he will pass me in order to get to Trey.  I'm just hoping Cheyenne is a momma's girl :)



 We are not celebrating his birthday until Feb 4th with a small family party.  We had a fun day today with a birthday doughnut for breakfast (his first doughnut ever) and pizza for dinner.  Daddy took the day off and we spent all day together.  It was a good family day. We are blessed! 

2 comments:

  1. Love the picture of Dylan & Cheyenne laying on the floor in PJs looking in the same direction! Happy bday Dylan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your little ones are so stinkin cute. it looks like we can go ahead and set up some arrangements for both of our little ones to be engaged in 20/22 years. hope all 4 of you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete