Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Officially OVER due

Well, my due date came and went and still NO BABY! I was hoping to be writing this post about delivering Dylan, but he has other plans. We had a good baby appointment today and we got to see him on the ultrasound, which was cool. We could see his profile really well and I honestly do not know who he looked like. It's funny because I had an idea in my head and his profile pic looked nothing like what I thought. I can't wait to see him when he gets here.

The ultrasound tech was amazed at how much Dylan moved around. She kept commenting on how hard it was to get a clear picture because he wouldn't be still...we might have our hands full once he gets here :)

I dilated another cm and I am now 50% effaced-woohoo! As we were finishing up our appointment my doctor said she would be very surprised if I did not go into labor this week. She tried to "help" the process along by stripping my membranes, so hopefully something will get started soon.

I cant' remember if I've mentioned this yet on this blog, but we are going to have a doula present during the delivery. Our doula's name is Jeannie Casey - she is amazing! Trey and I took her Bradley birthing classes for two months and we both really like her. At the end of our class we asked her to be our doula for the delivery. Basically, a doula is a labor assistant who specializes in natural techniques during labor...basically a support for me and Trey. She is also a lactation consultant, so she'll be coming over the first week we are home and helping me in that area too.

Well, I have 10 days to get him out on my own before they medically induce. The hospital protocol is waiting a week after the due date before they induce. Dr. Rupe knows how much I DO NOT want to be induced, so she is giving me 10 days. I really feel like I will go into labor on my own, so I am not worried about induction. My doula also has some "remedies" that she is going to start me on in a few days if Dylan has not made his appearance.

In other exciting news, Trey got a new game on the Wii, Mario Kart. We have had fun playing with family and friends online. He has also been asked to do some work on an album that a friend of his is producing. He's excited about working on a new project for a few days. I think that about covers it for the latest in the Keller house right now. Cross your fingers/say a little prayer that Dylan comes this week.

Oh yeah, based on the ultrasound measurements, Dr. Rupe is guessing Dylan is around 8lb. 8oz. right now, give or take a pound...yikes!

3 comments:

  1. Jon says he's certain you'll go into labor tomorrow. He's the last guess standing in our family, besides Charlie. HA! We can't wait to see baby Dylan...soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope he makes his appearance very soon! Thinking about ya'll. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to watch the episode of Friends where Rachael is trying to go into labor. It is funny. :)

    ReplyDelete