The Waiting Game
As of today, I am 38 weeks and 4 days. Everyday I wake up wondering if today is "the day". I really do not want to be induced and my doctor will only let me go 10 days over my due date before they medically induce, so I have started some natural induction remedies. I started drinking Red Raspberry leaf tea, which is suppose to soften the cervix. I have eaten Eggplant Parmesan everyday for the last 4 days. There are three ingredients (eggplant, basil and oregano) in the dish that are supposed to help with dilation. I have been eating so many spicy foods that I have constant heartburn...I have quickly gone through some Texas Pete. I wish it wasn't so cold (average temperature is 20) so I could walk outside, but I have been walking in our downstairs for about an hour a day. We shall see if any of these methods will work. My doctor told me to try any induction methods I want, but Dylan will only make his debut when he is ready:)
Funny story: I was at the grocery store the other morning and I kept passing this little boy in the aisles. He was probably around 4 or 5 and when I was checking out he came up and patted me on my arm. Our conversation went something like this...
Boy: "Hey, you got a baby in that belly?"
Me: "I sure do"
Boy: " Oh thank goodness"...as he put his hand over his heart to emphasize his relief.
Once I stopped laughing, I started to wonder what he would have said if I had said I wasn't pregnant :) The ironic thing was this little boy was a CHUNK himself.
We have a doctors appointment tomorrow and I am praying I have made more progress. The last two weeks I have stayed the same, but I am hoping that some of the remedies have helped. I will leave you with a pic of my humongous belly that was taken today. I will update if I have made any progress at my appt tomorrow.

I love the story of the little boy! I know it's so hard waiting in those last days, but the one thing we know for sure is that Dylan will be here SOON! Let us know how the appt. goes! Love you...Jenny
ReplyDeleteYea! You look great! Would love to see a head on that pregnant body. By the way-- I work for a bunch of ob-gyns, and they all agree-- Sex is the best non-medical inducer!
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome.
Love you! jkt