Funny story:
I woke up this morning and decided that I was going to go to the mall and walk until I went into labor. After 3 hours of walking I decided Dylan won and he is staying in a little longer. I stopped by Whole Foods to get some water and a snack. I was standing in line, looking at the magazines and I heard a person in front of me ask, "when are you due?" I looked up and it was TOBY KEITH.
The few times I have been in close proximity to a famous person I am totally star-struck. So today I automatically get tongue-tied and my answer is "ummmm, today", which is totally not true. My due date isn't until Monday, but I completely forgot everything and the easiest response was "today". He was really nice and let me get in front of him in line. He told me that my life was about to change for the better and, again, I couldn't say anything but shake my head and look like an idiot. As I was checking out, he was talking to me and I couldn't even remember my pin number...oh how I wish I could have acted somewhat intelligent!
Anyways, that was my excitement for the day. Too bad Dylan didn't come on the day that I tried to converse with Toby :)
Ray, my father-in-law, sent out a mass text to the family today asking for everyone to submit the day they think Dylan will be born. The winner gets a prize...woohoo! The results range anywhere from the 16th to the 22nd. I was optimistic and said the night of the 16th. Trey said he thought it would be the morning of the 19th and Dylan thinks it's going to be the 18th :) It's something fun to do while we are waiting for his arrival...crossing my fingers I am the winner!
Thanks for reading this blog. I hope I keep it updated once Dylan comes, but so far I really enjoy updating and keeping our family and friends in the loop. Maybe tomorrow will be "the" day.
Haha. You always have luck at Whole Foods and celebs, huh?! So funny. You and your random encounters. I wish Raleigh was that fun! I hope Dylan comes soon. I cannot wait to see pictures and hear about being a mommy. :)
ReplyDeleteNO WAY!!!! Matt would think that was the coolest thing- I can't tell him though or he might camp out at whole foods. I can't wait to hear some news on baby dylan. Praying for you to have a healthy delivery... eventually!!!
ReplyDelete